The Judge Advocate General of the Navy is the head of the US Navy's JAG Corps. He or She is also the principal military legal counsel to the Secretary of the Navy and Chief of Naval Operations, and serves as the Department of Defense Representative for Ocean Policy Affairs (REPOPA).
In the TV Series JAG, the following have served as JAG of the Navy:
- Rear Admiral Al Bravo (Season One Episode:A New Life)
- Lieutenant Commander/Commander Ted Lindsey (Season One-acting JAG)
- Rear Admiral A.J. Chegwidden (Season One to Season Nine)
- Major General (Gordon Cresswell) (Season Ten)
On occasion, Harmon Rabb Jr. and Sarah MacKenzie have served as acting JAG in Chegwidden's absence. Commander Sturgis Turner was appointed acting JAG after Admiral Chegwidden retired until General Cresswell was appointed as the new JAG of the Navy.
- [http://www.jag.navy.mil/leadership.htm Actual US Navy JAG leadership)